Monday, June 14, 2010

The First Entry

I've always wanted to start a blog, but I was never overly convinced I had anything of import to say. Recently, I decided that I didn't really care if and it didn't really matter if my musings were meaningful or earth-shattering. I just want to write and share some of the strange things that go through my head on any given day. I've been encouraged to go ahead with it by people whose opinions I value, as well, and that's always a good motivator.

One of the reasons I want to blog is that I have always been told I think too much (usually about the wrong things at the wrong times), and over the years I learned not to share a lot of it on account of not wanting to be ridiculed for being stranger than I was already assumed to be. (That sentence was convoluted). It's the same thing that made me stop using big words in everyday conversations and hide the books I was reading. These days, for whatever reason, I embrace my 'geekiness' and so a blog suddenly seems like a great idea. I have people in my life who genuinely seem curious about my stream of consciousness, no matter how cold or deep the water might be. Or how full of crawdads.

Being reasonably sure that there are people out there who are genuinely interested in what I have to say is, as I said, a great motivator. So, here I am. I don't know how often I will post or even what I will ultimately write about, but I can promise that it will always be honest and it will always be a reflection of who I am (for better or worse). I'm going to attempt to write fairly regularly and I'm going to attempt to not over-think the process. I am a perfectionist and tend to be editing right up until the moment I'm supposed to be doing something with whatever it is I'm writing. I'm going to endeavor NOT to do that here. Too much. Really. I don't want to polish it until it has a hole in it.

In any event...thanks for stopping by and thanks for reading. Hope you come back. :)

3 comments:

  1. I always care about what you have to say. I'll have a dictionary close at hand so use as many big words as you want! Thanks for inviting me to follow you as you write away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean I haven't been hearing the STRANGE things up until now? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find our (all too infrequent) conversations to be the highlight of my work day. I like the big, unambiguous word too. There are far too many words in English to limit ourselves to the few thousand we use regularly. Celebrate your geekiness, I, however choose to view it as erudition, urbanity, and elucidating...

    ReplyDelete

"I appreciate you..."

I'm always fascinated with the ways that people can lift up other people.  We live in a world that is often a little too corrosive and v...