Saturday, May 21, 2011

Just Moving…

A little melodramatic….or perhaps the 'I' is not really me, but rather the voices of the people I know who are struggling through immense personal difficulty right now….either way, it was quickly written in between papers about Temple Grandin and Tim McGraw. I don't know what that means, but I hope you enjoy.

***



We all know tired.

Going on because we must,

Doing because we can't not do.

The stress, the exhaustion, the need,

All roll together until we are just moving.



Then the moment comes.

We finish the race, complete the task.

Minutes filled with plans and things put off.

But first we collapse into a restful place to dream.

Dream, recover, rejuvenate, reborn, reboot, reinvigorate.



I am not yet there.

I am still tired, still driven.

Still working and eyeing the grindstone.

But I know, oh I know, that I will get there.

I, too, will find that restful sleep of infinite rebirth.



I just need to get there.

I will go on because I must,

I will do because I can't not do.

Stressed and exhausted with need,

All rolled together until I am just moving.



Just moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I appreciate you..."

I'm always fascinated with the ways that people can lift up other people.  We live in a world that is often a little too corrosive and v...